I'm Matthew Govig.

I'm a versatile writer who lives in San Francisco, California.

I publish a weblog, Parallaxis, for the Grand Island, Nebraska Daily Independent's entertainment website. I'm also an amateur photographer.

Use the lists on the right to view examples of my writing, photography, and HTML skills.

Thank you for visiting my web site.

Icon Design

As Icon Designer at HealthCare Communications, I designed icons in a variety of sizes, from very small tool bar icons to larger icons appearing on various palettes. Here are some samples of various icons I designed. You can also View All MediMax® Icons.

APPLICATION ICONS
These are the application and document icons for the MediMax, ChiroMax, and DentalMax applications.

Users click the application icon to launch the software. The other icons are for support files (such as data and scripts) utilized by the application. The document icons identify documents created by the application, such as patient notes or prescriptions.


CREDIT CARD ICONS
These credit card icons were my smallest designs. They appear on a patient's payment record as an easy indication of the method of payment.


PALETTE AND TOOLBAR ICONS

The icons above appear on the Views Palette. This palette is visible while viewing a patient's record. Clicking an icon on the palette displays a different view within each patient's record.


The icons above appear on various toolbars throughout MediMax, ChiroMax, and DentalMax.

ALERT ICONS

On the left are icons I designed for various alerts in the software. For example, a scheduling alert displays when a patient has missed a scheduled appointment, or when someone schedules an appointment for a patient who habitually misses appointments.

An insurance alert displays if a patient's insurance records are out of date, if an insurance plan has refused coverage for a specific procedure, or if an expected insurance payment is late.

A doctor can assign medical alerts to patients as reminders of specific medical conditions.


EQUIPMENT ICONS

The equipment icons on the right appear when creating a new charge for a patient to differentiate various types of charges for certain equipment and services.


Note: These icons are provided as an example of my icon design experience. Any duplication is expressly prohibited without the written permission of either myself or HealthCare Communications, Inc. (c) 1996 Matthew Govig and HealthCare Communications, Inc.